Intermittent Fasting - Fat Loss Hacks!
There is always pressure on us to eat well and eat regularly, some experts suggest eating every 2-3 hours to keep energy levels up, keep a positive nitrogen balance and to feel good.
This pressure is sometimes tiresome and not always possible as we lead busy demanding lives.
So is there another way?
The science on diets and eating habits is always changing and we are always learning new things.
Over the last 5 to 6 years intermittent fasting has become a popular approach due to its health benefits and ease of implementation.
The benefits of fasting.
An increase in the secretion of human growth Hormone by the pituitary gland (we have less HGH as we age)- This increase helps to promote muscle tissue growth, reduces fat stores and aids recovery.
- Weight loss - Because of a reduction in daily calories if you don't binge on breaking your fast.
- Your digestive system gets a complete rest.
- An increase in insulin sensitivity - helps you to absorb your food better and facilitate fat burning.
- Immune boost - Some studies have shown that fasting can boost your immune system by shedding old immune cells and creating new ones.
- An increase in resistance to Oxidative stress- OS is one of the steps towards aging and many chronic diseases. Several studies have shown that intermittent fasting may enhance the body’s resistance to oxidative stress.
There are many ways to intermittent fast, 24 hours, the 5 two, 15/16 hours, everyday, twice a week, some calories no calories…….
How can I try?
Here's one way to intermittent fast if you want to shed a few more pounds, get a little leaner or feel a little better. You can try it once or several times per week.
The 16:8 You fast for 16 hours eat for 8 hours
Make your last meal in the evening at 8pm
You then eat nothing except drink water (maybe black coffee or tea) until the following day at 12pm.
You have effectively fasted for 16 hours. Break your fast with a normal meal don't over eat and make up the loss of calories in your fast. Then carry on with your normal meal plan until you sleep.
An extra health hack - That some studies have show to be true - If possible - break your fast at 12pm with some exercise - then eat your first meal.
When you exercise while intermittent fasting, it essentially forces your body into fat burning mode, as your body's fat burning processes are controlled by your sympathetic nervous system (SNS), and your SNS is activated by exercise and lack of food.
Happy fasting and see you next time.
Helping you to get in the best possible shape with simple practical steps- If you like this blog please share it -
The blog is for guidance only and should be part of a balanced diet. Always consult a doctor or Health practitioner.